Here at ShyFish Designs, we’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
We may change this Policy occasionally so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes that may take place.
By using any our services, you’re agreeing to be bound by this Policy.
Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to [email protected], or through another method on our contact page.
- Important information and who are we?ShyFish Designs are a web design and online marketing company.
- How do we collect information from you?We obtain information about you when you contact us to enquire about our services, use our website or when you express an interest in any our our services.
- What information do we collect & how is it used?We collect information to allow us to fulfil our obligations to our clients, and to respond to business enquiries.
- Controlling your informationYou have certain rights concerning the information we hold about you, as defined under the General Data Protection Regulation. If you wish to exercise these rights, please contact us.
- SecurityShyFish Designs takes security very seriously. Our internal Data Security Policy details the steps we take to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
- Data BreachesOur Data Security Policy includes a clear process for handling a personal data breach, should one occur. Where appropriate, ShyFish Designs will promptly notify you of any unauthorised access to your personal information.
- ComplaintsIf you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal information, you can contact us directly and we will investigate the matter as soon as possible.
1) Important Information and Who Are We?
Purpose of this privacy notice
This privacy notice aims to give you all the information on how ShyFish Designs collects and processes your personal data through use of this website, including any data you provide through this website when you send an enquiry through the contact us form.
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children. If you learn that a child has provided us with personal information without consent, please contact us.
It’s important that you read this privacy notice and check this policy page occasionally to ensure that you are happy with any changes we may make to understand fully how we collect or process personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data.
ShyFish Designs is the controller and responsible for your personal data (collectively referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice).
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or would like to request to exercise your legal rights, these should be sent by email to [email protected], or through another method on our contact page.
You have the legal right to make a complaint on how we have handled your personal information, you can contact us directly and we will investigate the matter further. We will always do our best to ensure your complaints are solved promptly.
It’s important that the personal data we hold about you is current and as accurate as possible. Please keep us updated if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
This website may include links to 3rd party websites, plugins or other applications.
Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow 3rd parties to collect or share data about you.
We don’t not control or have any power of these 3rd parties and are not responsible for their privacy statements.
When you leave our website, we always encourage you to read the privacy policies and notices of every website you visit.
Who Are We?
ShyFish Designs are a web design and online marketing company delivering web design and online marketing services to clients across the UK. In some rare cases, we do provide these services to clients across Europe and Internationally.
Our full contact details can be found here: https://shyfishdesigns.com/contact-us/
2) How Do We Collect Information About You
ShyFish Designs use various methods to collect data from and about you, which includes through:
You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- apply for our products or services;
- request marketing materials to be sent to you;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- give us some feedback.
Automated technology or other interactions
As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. You can read our cookies policy for more details.
Third parties or publicly available sources
We may receive personal data about you from other third parties and available public sources as set out below:
Technical Data from the following 3rd parties:
- (a) analytics providers such as Google;
- (b) advertising networks such as Facebook and Google;
- (c) search information providers such as Google.
Identity and Contact Data from publicly availably sources, such as Companies House, the Electoral Register based inside the EU and public directories.
3) What information do we collect & how is it used?
We collect information to allow us to fulfil our obligations to our clients, and to respond to business enquiries. The information below outlines exactly what information we collect, and for what purpose.
We may collect, use, store and transfer various kinds of personal data about you which we have put together as follows:
- Identity Data – includes first name, last name, title and company name.
- Contact Data – includes billing address, email address, telephone numbers and website address.
- Financial Data – includes bank account details.
- Transaction Data – includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from ShyFish Designs.
- Technical Data – includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Usage Data – includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data – includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We do not gather sensitive personal data (e.g. health, genetic, biometric data; racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, sexual orientation, and criminal convictions).
We expressly request that you do not provide any such sensitive data to us.
Where we need to collect personal data by law or under the obligation of terms we have with you to fulfil our services, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the fulfilment of service to you.
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
We may pass your information to third party service providers who we have engaged for the purpose of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf (for example, we may provide your contact details to the Search Engine Optimisation company we work alongside).
We disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service.
We also use a number of 3rd party services to help us fulfil our contractual obligations – for example, our websites are backed up using a 3rd party hosting service called SiteGround and TSO Host.
These 3rd party services are listed in full below; we have verified that these 3rd party services are GDPR compliant (or are working towards GDPR compliance), and are certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework (or are working towards certification) where these organisations are based outside of the EU.
How is your personal data used?
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message.
You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by please contacting us.
The following information outlines the personal data we collect and for what purpose:
- Purpose / Activity: registering you as a new customer.
- Type of Data: Identity and Contact.
- Legal Ground: Contract fulfilment with you.
- Purpose / Activity: To process and fulfil your order, including managing payments, fees and charges and collecting and recovering money owed to ShyFish Designs.
- Type of Data: Identity, Contact, Financial, Transactional, Marketing and Communications.
- Legal Ground: Contract fulfilment with you and necessary for our legitimate business interests (for example, collecting money owed to us).
- Type of Data: Identity, Contact, Profile, Marketing and Communications.
- Legal Ground: Contract fulfilment with you, necessary to comply with legal obligation and necessary for our business functions, for example keeping our contact records updated.
- Purpose / Activity: To protect our business and this website, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data.
- Type of Data: Identity, Contact and Technical
- Legal Ground: Necessary for our legitimate interests for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise and also necessary to comply with a legal obligation.
- Purpose / Activity: To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you.
- Type of Data: Identity, Contact, Profile, Technical, Usage, Marketing and Communications
- Legal Ground: Necessary for our legitimate interests to study how customers use our products and services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy.
- Purpose / Activity: To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences.
- Type of Data: Technical and Usage
- Legal Ground: Necessary for our legitimate interests to define types of customers for our products and services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy.
- Purpose / Activity: To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you and help benefit your business.
- Type of Data: Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile.
- Legal Ground: Necessary for our legitimate interests to develop our products and services and grow our business.
You have the right to contact us and ask us to remove any personal data you think we have.
ShyFish Designs will provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising. We have established the following personal data control systems:
Promotional offers from us
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing).
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us or if you provided us with your details when you entered a competition or registered for a promotion and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any company outside ShyFish Designs for marketing purposes.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at any time.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product/service purchase or other transactions.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
4) Controlling Your Information
You have certain rights concerning the information we hold about you, as defined under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you wish to exercise these rights, please contact us, including your email address in the first instance (this is the unique identifier we use to identify and collate personal information).
Requesting a copy of your information:
You may request a copy of any data we hold about you. Upon request, we will provide a CSV file (which you may open in a program such as Microsoft Excel) containing the personal data we hold on record about you.
Updating or correcting your information:
The accuracy of your information is important to us. If you change email address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please contact us so we may correct our records.
Deleting your information:
You have the right to request erasure of your personal information. Unless there is a compelling reason for the data not to be erased (for example, if we need to use that data to fulfil our contractual or legal obligations), your personal data will be deleted on request.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law.
We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
ShyFish Designs takes security very seriously. In order to protect your information from loss, misuse or unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
These steps include the following:
- Data minimisation
- Password best practice
- Security best practice concerning devices (PCs, laptops, mobile devices), online accounts, website hosting, physical access and storage
- Staff training and accountability on data protection
A copy of our internal Data Security Policy is always available on request.
How long will you use my personal data for?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, marketing and communications or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data.
We may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Your Legal Rights:
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data, such as object to processing of your personal data, request restriction of processing your personal data, request transfer of your personal data and right to withdraw consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us.
No fee usually required.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
What we may need from you:
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights).
This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time limit to respond:
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
7) Data Breaches
Our Data Security Policy includes a clear process for handling a personal data breach, should one occur. Where appropriate, ShyFish Designs will promptly notify you of any unauthorised access to your personal information.
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal information, you can contact us directly and we will investigate the matter as soon as possible.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal information not in accordance with the law, you can also complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).